Vi’s 30 Day Astral Challenge
(Above art was painted by me, please don’t remove caption)
Please note that the following is based on my personal journey with the astral and that not everyone finds their way into Elsewhere this way.
•possibly a plant
When completed you will know how to:
•recreate objects from our plane
•construct an astral home
•create an Anchor that can jump between both this realm and Elsewhere, keep you tethered to reality and help you in your adventures.
•create a thoughtform to act as Gatekeeper of your astral home
1. Sit quietly and inhale for a count five, exhale for a count of five. Practice deep intentional breathing for one minute.
2. Find an ordinary common object like a pencil or rock and study it for 10 seconds. Memorize every detail. Now close your eyes and recreate it in your minds eye/imagination for ten seconds. Open your eyes and look at the object from a different angle for ten seconds. Do this for about two minutes total.
3. Begin keeping a journal of any dreams you may have as well as reflection on daily exercises
4. Either look out a window or go for a walk outside. Pick a natural specimen such as a tree, leaf, cloud, etc and do exercise number 2.
5. Practice intentional deep breathing for five minutes while creating in your minds eye a copy of your favorite food.
6. Doodle/sketch your ‘happy place’ or a location where you feel most at home or at peace with yourself
7. Find a small item with sentimental value to you, such as a ring, crystal, etc and place it in your pillowcase.
8. Hold your sentimental item, which from now on I will call an Anchor, in the palm of your hand and do the recreation exercise. Before bed focus on the copy of your Anchor in your minds eye.
9. Draw your Anchor in your dream journal and make a list of things you would like it to do for you. IE, protection, help you summon a weapon, transform into something useful, wake you up if you are having a nightmare, etc.
10. Name your Anchor. Do intentional breathing with it in the palm of your hand for five minutes.
11. Imagine your ideal happy place in your minds eye. Picture yourself walking through it, being there. What does the air smell like? Is the climate cold or warm? What does the landscape look like? What kind of ecosystem is it? What kind of colors can you see? You reach out and touch your surroundings, what do you feel? Document everything in your journal.
12. Doodle/sketch your dream home/homestead and then recreate it in your minds eye.
13. Build your ideal place in your minds eye, imagine yourself there. Walk around the edges of it, and envision an array of protective and colorful energy flowing out behind you from your footsteps. The energy ebbs and begins to create a flexible and complex barrier that will keep out negative energies and entities. This is your ward, and it will protect your astral home.
14. Bring your Anchor to your astral home and ask it to perform a task.
15. Create a sigil to help you in your astral adventures.
16. Google and read about crystals/gemstones that can help raise psychic awareness, aid in astral travel and that are related to dreams.
17. Pick a favorite of the crystals you read about on day 15 and doodle/draw it in your journal.
18. Google and read about plants that can help with psychic abilities, dreaming and astral travel.
19. Pick a favorite plant and doodle/draw it in your journal.
20. Either obtain a physical specimen of your chosen crystal, or find a good photograph of it and recreate it in your minds eye. Bring it to your astral home.
21. Either obtain a physical specimen of your chosen plant or find a good photograph of it and recreate it in your minds eye. Bring it to your astral home and plant it by your front door.
22. Make a playlist of music that helps you easily enter into deep breathing and be able to access your astral home.
23. Draw/doodle your favorite animal or magical creature.
24. Write a profile for your above doodle. Give it a name, personality, what are its favorite foods and colors, hobbies, likes, dislikes, etc. I’ll call this creature your Gatekeeper from now on.
25. Recreate your Gatekeeper in your minds eye. Imagine them at your astral home, taking their first breath, seeing you and interacting with you. Introduce yourself, share some of your energy with them. Sit down and meditate/practice intentional breathing with them. What are they like? Do they have any behaviors or mannerisms you find notable?
26. Return to your astral home and meet your Gatekeeper again. Ask them politely if they would like to help you in acting as the guardian and protector of your astral home.
27. Go for a walk and see your Gatekeeper walking beside you in your minds eye. Spend time with them.
28. Return to your astral home and check on your plant. Has it grown any?
29. Return to your astral home and walk the boundaries of your territory with your Gatekeeper, repeating Day 12’s exercise to strengthen your wards and teach your Gatekeeper how to do so as well.
30. Remember that Elsewhere is a world of its own with its own inhabitants. Be respectful and polite when venturing outside of your astral territory. Don’t go wandering into someone else’s space without asking permission. Do your own research about the astral plane (there are lots of good resources here on tumblr).
She Who Turns to Love
I’ve been fairly neglectful towards this website in the last few months due to personal misevents. I got a divorce, ran through two different jobs, but now I find myself again with a purpose. I got accepted and re-enrolled in school (which I start in a few days), and I have a new lover who appreciates me for who I am—mental illnesses and all. About four months ago I formally devoted myself to the Goddess, Aphrodite. I had felt a pull towards her in the last year and finally decided to do something about it. And boy, am I glad I did. I can’t begin to describe what a wonderful experience it is to know and be known by such a divine being.
Anyway, to the real point of this post. I wanted to share all the information I’ve gleaned thus far in my adventure with the Mistress of Honey. I hope this can be of use to fellow devotees and love priestesses alike.
The Names of ΑΦΡΟΔΙΤΗ / Aphrodite:
- Αντηεια (ANTHEIA): the blooming, or the friend of flowers
- Αποτροπηια (APOTRO′PHIA): “the expeller,” the goddess who expelled from the hearts of men the desire after sinful pleasure and lust.
- Γενετψλλισ (GENETYLLIS): the protectress of births
- Πειτηο (PEITHO): The personification of Persuasion
- Ουρανια (Urania): Heavenly, Divine
- Πανδημος (Pandemos): Common to All People
- Μαχανιτις (Machanitis): Skilled at Inventing, Deviser, Contriver
- Επιστροφια (Epistrophia) She who Turns to Love
- Αποστροφια (Apostrophia): Averter of Unlawful Desires
- Νικηφορος (Nicephorus): Bringer of Victory
- Αρεια (Areia): Warelike, Of Ares
- Μορφω (Morpho) Of Shapely Form, the fair shaped
- Πυρηναια (Acraea): Of the Heights
- Ακραια (Cepois): Of the Gardens
- Ποντια (Pontia): Of the Sea
- Λιμενια (Limenia) Of the Harbour
- Κηποις (Anadyomene): Risen from the Sea, Goddess Rising from the Sea
- Φιλομμειδης (Philommides): Laughter-Loving
- Αφρογενεια (Aphrogeneia): Foam Born
- Χρυσεη (Chrysea): Golden
- Ποθων Μητηρ (Pothon Mater): Mother of Desire
My Personal Titles for Aphrodite:
- Η κυρία των περιστεριών (I kyria ton peristerion): The Lady of Doves
- Χρυσή Θεά (Chrysi Thea): Golden Goddess
- Φύλακας των γυναικών (Fylakas ton gynaikon): Guardian of Women
- Βασίλισσα της ευχαρίστησης (Vasilissa tis efcharistisis): Queen of Pleasure
- Φύλακας των μελισσών (Fylakas ton melisson): Keeper of Bees
- Αυτή που είναι επενδυμένη με τριαντάφυλλα (Afti pou einai ependymeni me triantafylla): She that is clad in roses
- Αυτή που ηρεμεί τις παλίρροιες (afti pou iremei tis palirroies): She who calms the tides
The Symbols of Aphrodite:
- Scallop Shells
- Myrtle Wreath
Aphrodite, Patron of:
- Sexual Desire
- Romantic Love
- Sweet Talk
- Love Poetry
- LGBT People
That Which is Holy to Aphrodite:
- Holiest Shrine: Paphos, Island of Kypros (Cyprus)
- Holy Number: 5
- Holy Days: Friday, 4th Day of the Month
- Holy Celestial Body: The Planet Venus
- Holy Festivals: Valentine’s Day (2/14), Aphrodisia (7/20), Adonia (8/4)
- Sacred Animals: Doves, Bees, Hares, Sparrows, Geese
- Sacred Plants: Red Rose, Apple, Pomegranate, Narcissus, Myrtle, Myrrh, Lettuce, Cherries, Strawberries, Lime, Anemone, Seaweed, Kelp
- Sacred Stones: Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Kunzite, Rhodonite, Rhodochrosite, Ruby, Lepidolite, Pink Opal, Amazonite, Aquamarine, Sunstone, Blue Lace Agate, Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli, Opalite
- Sacred Metals: Gold, Bronze
- Sacred Shells: Abalone, Conch, Scallop, Clam
- Sacred Magics: Sea, Storm, Love, Curses, Sex, Feminine, Glamours, Green
The 12 Virtues of Aphrodite:
The Favours of Aphrodite:
- Sexual Attraction
- Love Reciprocated
- Luck in both Love and War
The Curses of Aphrodite:
- Sexual Repulsion
- Unnatural Desires (Incest, Bestiality)
- Unrequited Love
Offerings to Aphrodite:
(My personal ideas)
- Learn a musical instrument to play in her honor
- Paint or draw portraits of her
- Write Love Poetry
- Self Love and Self Care
- Makeup/ Beauty Routine
- Buy New Clothing
- Bathing / Spa Treatments
- Erect an Altar for Her
- Love Others
- Sexual Pleasure
- Make a Monthly Donation to Planned Parenthood or RAINN
- Practice Love Magic
- Make a Pilgrimage to Paphos, Cyprus (a pretty far out suggestion, I know. But its something I personally would love to do someday)
- Support Cruelty free beauty products like LUSH
- Support Ocean Charities, like the Adopt an Orca program through the Whale Museum in Friday Harbor, WA
- Plan dates for people
- Give gifts to loved ones
Sappho’s Hymn to Aphrodite
(In the original Greek and translated into Modern English)
Ποικιλόθρον᾽ ὰθάνατ᾽ ᾽Αφροδιτα,
παῖ Δίοσ, δολόπλοκε, λίσσομαί σε
μή μ᾽ ἄσαισι μήτ᾽ ὀνίαισι δάμνα,
ἀλλά τυίδ᾽ ἔλθ᾽, αἴποτα κἀτέρωτα
τᾶσ ἔμασ αύδωσ αἴοισα πήλγι
ἔκλυεσ πάτροσ δὲ δόμον λίποισα
ἄρμ᾽ ὐποζεύξαια, κάλοι δέ σ᾽ ἆγον
ὤκεεσ στροῦθοι περὶ γᾶσ μελαίνασ
πύκνα δινεῦντεσ πτέῤ ἀπ᾽ ὠράνω
αἴθεροσ διὰ μέσσω.
αῖψα δ᾽ ἐχίκοντο, σὺ δ᾽, ὦ μάσαιρα
μειδιάσαισ᾽ ἀθάνατῳ προσώπῳ,
ἤρἐ ὄττι δηὖτε πέπονθα κὤττι
κὤττι μοι μάλιστα θέλω γένεσθαι
μαινόλᾳ θύμῳ, τίνα δηὖτε πείθω
μαῖσ ἄγην ἐσ σὰν φιλότατα τίσ τ, ὦ
καὶ γάρ αἰ φεύγει, ταχέωσ διώξει,
αἰ δὲ δῶρα μὴ δέκετ ἀλλά δώσει,
αἰ δὲ μὴ φίλει ταχέωσ φιλήσει,
ἔλθε μοι καὶ νῦν, χαλεπᾶν δὲ λῦσον
ἐκ μερίμναν ὄσσα δέ μοι τέλεσσαι
θῦμοσ ἰμμέρρει τέλεσον, σὐ δ᾽ αὔτα
Shimmering-throned immortal Aphrodite,
Daughter of Zeus, Enchantress, I implore thee,
Spare me, O queen, this agony and anguish,
Crush not my spirit
Whenever before thou has hearkened to me–
To my voice calling to thee in the distance,
And heeding, thou hast come, leaving thy father’s
With chariot yoked to thy fleet-winged coursers,
Fluttering swift pinions over earth’s darkness,
And bringing thee through the infinite, gliding
Downwards from heaven,
Then, soon they arrived and thou, blessed goddess,
With divine contenance smiling, didst ask me
What new woe had befallen me now and why,
Thus I had called the.
What in my mad heart was my greatest desire,
Who was it now that must feel my allurements,
Who was the fair one that must be persuaded,
Who wronged thee Sappho?
For if now she flees, quickly she shall follow
And if she spurns gifts, soon shall she offer them
Yea, if she knows not love, soon shall she feel it
Come then, I pray, grant me surcease from sorrow,
Drive away care, I beseech thee, O goddess
Fulfil for me what I yearn to accomplish,
Be thou my ally.
(That’s all for now. I may update sometime in the future! Want to keep this website free? Donate below!)
So, blogging doesn’t exactly pay the bills, but I put a lot of hard work and time into my content. I decided to start a patreon for people who like my blog and would like to see it continue! As things are right now, I will have to quit posting to the blog regularly and get a full time job again. Writing and creating art is my passion, this is what I want to do with my life, but like any other profession, it has to help me put food on the table.
If you would like to help support this blog and my writing and my future projects,
please check out my patreon here.
The rewards for pledging are pretty cool, I think. Here is the list of pledge amounts and the rewards you would get!
This is a collection of my most popular witchy tips content posts! I will be adding on to this regularly. It is designed to help witchlings and seasoned practitioners alike! If there is a topic you would like for me to writer about that I have not already covered, please contact me and I will make it!
- So, You Wanna Be a Witch? : A Beginner’s Guide to Witchcraft
- Classification of Modern Witches: A General Guide to Witch Types
- Which Sect Should I Start In? : A Personality Quiz for Witchlings
- Glossary of Commonly Used Witchcraft Terms
- Common Misconceptions and Appropriations in Witchcraft
- Witchcraft is Not a Religion: The Difference Between Wicca and Witchcraft
- All About Grimoires: Creating Your Very Own Witch’s Journal
- Deity Worship: Working with the Divine
- A Beginner’s Guide to Spell Writing
- A Brief Guide to Sigil Creation
- A Beginner’s Guide to Tarot
- A Beginner’s Guide to Runes
Elemental Based Craft//
- Green Witchery: A Guide to Earth Magic
- Sea Witchery: A Guide to Water Magic
- Suncraft: A Guide to Fire Magic
- Stormcraft: A Guide to Wind Magic and Weather Work
- Winter Witchery: A Guide to Snow Magic
- Stellar Witchcraft: A Guide to Space Magic
Location Based Craft//
- Kitchen Witchery: Magic for Homebodies
- Urban Witchcraft: Magic for City Dwellers
- Wastecraft: Magic for Desert Dwellers
- Swampcraft: Magic for Swamp Dwellers
Internal Based Craft//
- Hedgecraft: The Basics of Astral Work
- Oracle: The Basics of Divination
- Channeling: The Basics of Spirit Work
- Intrinsic Magic: The Basics of Energy Work
- Inner Darkness: The Basics of Shadow Work
- Wicked Witchcraft: The Witch on the Offense
Hobby Based Craft//
- Creature Magic: A Guide to Working with Magical Creatures
- Artistic Craft: Magic for Artists
- Melodic Craft: Magic for Music Lovers
- Pop Culture Witchcraft: Using Mainstream Media in Magic
The Craft, Identity and Health//
- LGBTQA Witches: Information, Education, Tools and Spells for LGBTQA Practitioners
- Spoonie Witchcraft: Doing Magic with a Chronic Illness
- Magic and Neurodivergency: Metaphysical Tools to Help Cope with Mental Illness
- Stimmy Ideas for Neurodivergent Witches: Magic and Stimming
- Period Magic: Blood Magic for Menstruating Witches
The Craft and Activism//
- Resistance Witchcraft: Standing Your Ground
- Conservation Craft: Saving the Planet
- OneTreePlanted, What it is and Why Witches Should Care.
- The Nordic Pantheon
- The Kemetic Pantheon
- The Hellenic Pantheon
- The Celtic Pantheon
- Intro to Traditional Celtic Magical Practices (Pre-Wicca)
- Intro to Traditional Norse Magical Practices (Pre-Wicca)
- Cultural Appropriation Masterpost: Resources and education on how to be culturally respectful
- A Basic Guide to Open and Closed Religions and Cultures
- Censing Instead of Smudging: How to Smoke Cleanse Without Being a Culture Vulture
- Totems and Spirit Animals (And why non-natives cannot have them)
- Dreamcatchers (why making them/selling them is wrong and why you should Buy Native Instead)
- Halloween Costumes, Redface and Mascots
- Racist Slurs and Phrases to Stop Using
- A Letter to White American Witches and Pagans from a Native Witch
Other Useful Information//
- Which Herb Should I Use? A Helpful Beginner’s Quiz
- Which Crystal Should I Use? A Helpful Beginner’s Quiz
- Crystals in Healing and Magic
- Herbs in Healing and Magic
- Herbalism: How to Do It Yourself!
- Violet’s Witchy Tips
- Vi’s Witchy Book Rec List and Book Reviews
- Violet’s Shop of Curiosities
- Vi’s Youtube Channel (Crystal and Stimmy Videos!)