Vi’s 30 Day Astral Challenge
(Above art was painted by me, please don’t remove caption)
Please note that the following is based on my personal journey with the astral and that not everyone finds their way into Elsewhere this way.
•possibly a plant
When completed you will know how to:
•recreate objects from our plane
•construct an astral home
•create an Anchor that can jump between both this realm and Elsewhere, keep you tethered to reality and help you in your adventures.
•create a thoughtform to act as Gatekeeper of your astral home
1. Sit quietly and inhale for a count five, exhale for a count of five. Practice deep intentional breathing for one minute.
2. Find an ordinary common object like a pencil or rock and study it for 10 seconds. Memorize every detail. Now close your eyes and recreate it in your minds eye/imagination for ten seconds. Open your eyes and look at the object from a different angle for ten seconds. Do this for about two minutes total.
3. Begin keeping a journal of any dreams you may have as well as reflection on daily exercises
4. Either look out a window or go for a walk outside. Pick a natural specimen such as a tree, leaf, cloud, etc and do exercise number 2.
5. Practice intentional deep breathing for five minutes while creating in your minds eye a copy of your favorite food.
6. Doodle/sketch your ‘happy place’ or a location where you feel most at home or at peace with yourself
7. Find a small item with sentimental value to you, such as a ring, crystal, etc and place it in your pillowcase.
8. Hold your sentimental item, which from now on I will call an Anchor, in the palm of your hand and do the recreation exercise. Before bed focus on the copy of your Anchor in your minds eye.
9. Draw your Anchor in your dream journal and make a list of things you would like it to do for you. IE, protection, help you summon a weapon, transform into something useful, wake you up if you are having a nightmare, etc.
10. Name your Anchor. Do intentional breathing with it in the palm of your hand for five minutes.
11. Imagine your ideal happy place in your minds eye. Picture yourself walking through it, being there. What does the air smell like? Is the climate cold or warm? What does the landscape look like? What kind of ecosystem is it? What kind of colors can you see? You reach out and touch your surroundings, what do you feel? Document everything in your journal.
12. Doodle/sketch your dream home/homestead and then recreate it in your minds eye.
13. Build your ideal place in your minds eye, imagine yourself there. Walk around the edges of it, and envision an array of protective and colorful energy flowing out behind you from your footsteps. The energy ebbs and begins to create a flexible and complex barrier that will keep out negative energies and entities. This is your ward, and it will protect your astral home.
14. Bring your Anchor to your astral home and ask it to perform a task.
15. Create a sigil to help you in your astral adventures.
16. Google and read about crystals/gemstones that can help raise psychic awareness, aid in astral travel and that are related to dreams.
17. Pick a favorite of the crystals you read about on day 15 and doodle/draw it in your journal.
18. Google and read about plants that can help with psychic abilities, dreaming and astral travel.
19. Pick a favorite plant and doodle/draw it in your journal.
20. Either obtain a physical specimen of your chosen crystal, or find a good photograph of it and recreate it in your minds eye. Bring it to your astral home.
21. Either obtain a physical specimen of your chosen plant or find a good photograph of it and recreate it in your minds eye. Bring it to your astral home and plant it by your front door.
22. Make a playlist of music that helps you easily enter into deep breathing and be able to access your astral home.
23. Draw/doodle your favorite animal or magical creature.
24. Write a profile for your above doodle. Give it a name, personality, what are its favorite foods and colors, hobbies, likes, dislikes, etc. I’ll call this creature your Gatekeeper from now on.
25. Recreate your Gatekeeper in your minds eye. Imagine them at your astral home, taking their first breath, seeing you and interacting with you. Introduce yourself, share some of your energy with them. Sit down and meditate/practice intentional breathing with them. What are they like? Do they have any behaviors or mannerisms you find notable?
26. Return to your astral home and meet your Gatekeeper again. Ask them politely if they would like to help you in acting as the guardian and protector of your astral home.
27. Go for a walk and see your Gatekeeper walking beside you in your minds eye. Spend time with them.
28. Return to your astral home and check on your plant. Has it grown any?
29. Return to your astral home and walk the boundaries of your territory with your Gatekeeper, repeating Day 12’s exercise to strengthen your wards and teach your Gatekeeper how to do so as well.
30. Remember that Elsewhere is a world of its own with its own inhabitants. Be respectful and polite when venturing outside of your astral territory. Don’t go wandering into someone else’s space without asking permission. Do your own research about the astral plane (there are lots of good resources here on tumblr).
Palmistry: How to Chart the Lines of Your Destiny is a no frills, down to earth guide to learning the art of palm reading. It is straight forward, to the point and an easy read. The author, Roz Levine, gives us lovely color photos and glossy paper along with detailed descriptions of all the parts and secrets of hands and what they say about us, and about our futures.
I have nothing bad to say about this book, except that it is a very basic guide to the art of palmistry, but if you are a beginner or just looking to start palm reading, this is the perfect book for you. It is inexpensive, well organized and well written by an author who clearly knows their stuff. You can get it here!
The Dreamer’s Almanac is a beautiful glossy, high quality, colorful book filled with easy to access information and lovely color photos depicting and explaining a wide variety of dream subjects. The beginning of the book briefly describes and explains the history of dreams, dream interpretation and the science behind sleeping and dreaming. The rest of the book is dedicated to listing and explaining different dream scenarios and what they could mean for our subconscious or for our future. This is easily my favorite book on dream interpretation, simply for how well it is organized, the beautiful photographs, and the easy-to-understand-no-frills-attached way that things are explained.
I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to find the meaning behind their dreams. This was a short review, I know. But I really don’t have anything bad to say about the book! You can get it here!
So, here lately I’ve been doing a lot of deity work. I try to keep most of my witchcraft practice pretty secular, but the deity I am devoted to in my religious practices has lately shown interest in becoming involved in my magic.
This is just going to be a basic guide full of suggestions on how to start, maintain and keep a practice with a deity, or deities.
Step 1: Making a Connection
The first step to devoting yourself to a deity or deities is to listen to your heart. Your gut instinct. Is there a specific open pantheon that you feel pulled towards? If there is, go with that. If not, then maybe read up on the different pantheons and go from there. Sometimes being called won’t happen right away, and that’s okay. Sometimes its very subtle, and you really have to pay attention to your surroundings to see what sticks out. It is different for everyone. Something important to remember, however, is that becoming a devotee of a deity is a partnership. Yes, you are ‘serving’ them, but they also must reciprocate and be an active member of the relationship. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, you can easily terminate the partnership and cease to be their devotee. Just like with a human relationship, both parties must be consenting and comfortable with the relationship. Once you have established that a specific pantheon would be right for you, research any deities within that pantheon that you would be interested in working with. If you feel you like or are attracted to one, go from there.
Step 2: Establishing a Partnership
Now that you’ve chosen a deity, you need to figure out whether or not they want to work with you. Again, its a relationship so it has to go both ways. You could do this through meditation, pendulum, tarot, runes, astral travel, etc. If you both feel good about it, its time to write up a contract. This step isn’t necessarily..well, necessary, but I like to do it just to make everything feel official. If you do decide to write up a contract, remember to list what you promise to bring to the relationship, and what you expect for them to bring to the relationship. Also, remember to add ‘if either or both parties should feel uncomfortable or wish to cease the partnership, immediate termination of the contract can take place’ somewhere in there.
Step 3: Maintaining the Relationship
Depending on the deity, the requirements for maintaining the relationship will be different. As their devotee, it is expected of you to make offerings to them on a regular basis. It is between the two of you which kind of offerings they want to receive, and how often they should be presented. Below I have listed just some suggestions for how to strengthen the bond with your deity and maintain that steady flow of communication.
- Give each deity (if you have more than one) their own journal. Deities do not want to feel like they are competing.
- Let the deity pick the journal. Go to a store and stand in their notebook/journal aisle. One of the best exercises that I find really helps my deity work is to let the deity choose. So while you are standing in the notebook section, let them choose the journal that you will use for them. This could happen as a simple ‘feeling’ of wanting a certain one, or finding a journal that kind of matches their associations. Like, for Persephone, a journal with flowers on it. Or something like that. Use your intuition.
- Schedule a time every day in which to spend with your deity.
- Schedule daily or bi-daily meditation or communication sessions.
- Schedule offering sessions, whether they are daily or twice a week, etc.
- Communication methods can be pendulum, tarot cards, rune stones, etc.
- Fill the beginning of the journal with your research on that specific deity. What is their history like? What kind of mythology and stories are associated with them? Do they have specific colors, seasons, foods, plants, crystals, animals that are used to represent them? How did the priests and priestesses of ancient times worship them? How can you modernize that and incorporate it into your daily practice? Etc.
- Write down offering ideas.
- Write down ideas you have for activities you could do to honor or better represent your deity.
- Write down altar ideas.
- Make them their own altar. Altar’s can include any number of things, but the general set up that I follow is: an offering bowl, an offering jar filled with an herb or plant associated with them, their own set of prayer beads, their own pendulum, crystals associated with them, a statue or idol of them or that represents them, artwork of them or of something they enjoy (like scenery), a candle with a color/scent related to their associations, incense related to their associations, etc. Again, though, that is just my personal set up. Do whatever feels natural to you.
- Write letters or prayers to the deity in the journal.
- Write poetry about or for your deity.
- Document everything! Their altar set up, ideas you have, any communication session transcriptions, prayers, etc. The journal itself can be seen as an offering to your deity, and they appreciate it when their devotees take the time to gather and keep all interactions recorded in one place.
So there are a lot of ingredients and foods in Skyrim that I would love to incorporate into my practice, so I thought I would write some recipes on how to make them! I have them categorized like how they are in the game. (aka a Potion of Plentiful Healing will be under Potions, Void Salts will be under Ingredients, and so on)
- For use in Suncraft, Fire Magic, Purification, Banishing, Curses.
- Combine Cayenne Pepper, Chili Pepper, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Sea Salt and Regular Salt in a Mortar and Pestle.
- Grind for about 30 seconds, just to combine/mix everything together.
- Store in an airtight container and set it out during a day when the temperature will reach above 70 degrees F.
- For use in Ice and Snow Magic, Weather Work, Purification, Protection, Storm Summon.
- Combine Sea Salt, Sugar, Dried Lavender Buds, Dried Cornflower Petals, and Dried Jasmine Buds in a Mortar and Pestle.
- Grind for about one minute or until everything is mixed together.
- Store in an airtight container and set it out during a night when the temperature will drop below 32 Degrees F.
- For use in Moon spells, Healing, Protection, Purification, Love and Divination.
- Combine Sugar, Ground Sea Shells, Ground Egg Shells, a Drop of Moon Water and Sea Salt in a Mortar and Pestle.
- Grind it all together until it reaches a consistency of normal sugar, not quite a powder yet.
- Store it in an airtight container and set it out under a Full Moon for a night.
- For use in Purification, Protection and Banishing.
- Combine Sea Salt, Regular Salt, Ground Egg Shells, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder in a Mortar and Pestle.
- Grind it all together for about 30 seconds until everything is properly mixed.
- For use in Spirit Work, Storm Summoning, Divination, Shadow Work, and Astral Work.
- Combine Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Ashes and Mugwort in a Mortar and Pestle.
- Grind them together for about 30 seconds until everything is properly mixed.
- Store it in an airtight container and set them out under a New Moon for a night.
(Please be sure to do research on each herb to make sure it is safe for you personally to consume. Some herbs can clash with certain medications but it is different for everyone. Please be safe. Also, these recipes are for hot-tea-potions, but could be taken cold if stored in a glass bottle in a refrigerator and consumed no later than three days prior to their creation.)
Draught of Resist Magic
- To provide protection, specifically from psychic or magic-related attacks or entities.
- Combine Peppermint, Rosemary, Lavender, Bergamot and Sage in a loose leaf tea infuser.
- Steep it in a mug of near-boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add honey to taste.
Elixir of Health
- To boost the immune system and purify the blood.
- Combine a pinch of Garlic, Echinacea, Onion, and Cayenne in a loose leaf tea infuser.
- Steep it in a mug of near-boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add honey to taste.
- To increase energy levels and strengthen magic and spells.
- Combine Echinacea, Ginseng, Rosemary, Bergamot and Thyme in a loose leaf tea infuser.
- Steep it in a mug of near-boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add honey to taste.
Philter of Resist Cold
- To warm you up on a cold day.
- Combine Cayenne Pepper, Peppermint and Chili Powder in a loose leaf tea infuser.
- In a mug of near-boiling water, mix up a packet of instant hot cocoa.
- Add honey and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Steep the herb mixture in the hot cocoa for 2 minutes.
Potion of Illusion
- To aid in divination, as well as the process of astral projection and astral traveling.
- Combine Passionflower, Lavender, Chamomile, Spearmint, Catnip, a pinch of Valerian Root and a pinch of Mugwort in a loose leaf tea infuser.
- Steep it in a mug of near-boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add honey to taste.
So as I’ve been playing Skyrim, I’ve been getting more and more involved in the lore of everything and how it could relate to pop culture witchcraft. Since video games, movie and book pantheons are totally open to work with and a lot easier to access for most witches. I’ve seen lots of Skyrim magic posts, and have made a few myself, but never any really related to the deities of Skyrim and how they could be applied to someone’s practice. So, here is a list of the nine divines and their associations. I’ll be doing a post for the Daedra separately.
The Aedra: The Nine Divines
Rules Over: Time, the Pantheon of Gods.
Associations: Endurance, Longevity, Invincibility, Dragons.
Offerings: Iron, Amethyst, Carnelian, Energy, Sand from an Hourglass.
Blessing: Renewed Magical Energy.
Commandment: “Akatosh says: Serve and obey your Emperor. Study the Covenants. Worship the Nine, do your duty, and heed the commands of the saints and priests.”
Activities (to perform in their honor): Meditation, Studying.
Rules Over: Mortals, the Cycle of Birth and Death.
Associations: Funerals, Burial Rites, Seasons.
Offerings: Iron, Silver, Obsidian, Autumn Leaves, Bones, Graveyard Dirt.
Blessing: Renewed Health.
Commandment: “Arkay says: Honor the earth, its creatures, and the spirits, living and dead. Guard and tend the bounties of the mortal world, and do not profane the spirits of the dead.”
Worship Verse: “Come to me, Arkay, for without you, there is neither breath nor beginning, nor can any man live, love, or learn without the spark of your spirit.”
Activities: Spirit Work, Honoring the Dead, Bringing Flowers to a Cemetery.
Dibella// Goddess of Beauty, Pleasure, Lust and Creativity.
Rules Over: Art, Beauty, Women, Emotions.
Associations: Beauty, Lust, Creativity, Love, Friendship, Sex, Pleasure.
Offerings: Mercury/Quicksilver, Iron, Obsidian, Ruby, Roses.
Blessing: Improved Communication and Creative Skills
Commandment: “Dibella says: Open your heart to the noble secrets of art and love. Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.”
Worship Verse: “Come to me, Dibella, for without you, my words must lie dull and leaden without the gilding of grace and sagacity to enchant the reader’s ear and eye.”
Activities: Painting, Drawing, Photography, Sexual Activity.
Julianos// God of Wisdom, Logic and Education.
Rules Over: Wisdom and Logic.
Associations: Literature, Language, Education, Law, History, Contradiction.
Offerings: Onyx, Obsidian, Books, Poetry.
Blessing: Improves Magical Power and Ability
Commandment: “Julianos says: Know the truth. Observe the law. When in doubt, seek wisdom from the wise.”
Worship Verse: “Come to me, Julianos, for without you, my wit is weak to sort the wheat from the chaff, and my eyes should neither know the true from the false, nor sense from folly, nor justice from prejudice and interest.”
Activities: Learning a New Skill, Reading a Book, Writing Poetry.
Rules Over: The Elements, The Heavens, Air, Sailors, Travelers.
Associations: Wind, Rain, Plants, Nature, Life, Healing, Medicine.
Offerings: Flowers, Rain Water, Sea Glass, Driftwood, Sapphire, Moonstone.
Blessing: Increases Stamina and Endurance
Commandment: “Kynareth says: Use Nature’s gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury.”
Worship Verse: “Come to me, Kynareth, for without you, I might not know the mysteries of the world, and so blind and in terror, I might consume and profane the abundance of your beautiful treasures.”
Activities: Gardening, Collecting Sea/Rain Water, Environmental Activism, Donations to Conservation Efforts.
Rules Over: Love and Mothers.
Associations: Motherhood, Marriage, Compassion, Emotions, Family.
Offerings: Silver, Malachite, Rose Quartz, Lavender, Rosemary.
Blessing: Increases Healing Abilities
Commandment: “Mara says: Live soberly and peacefully. Honor your parents, and preserve the peace and security of home and family.”
Worship Verse: “Come to me, Mara, for without you, I might forget the ways of our fathers, and preening by the light of latest fashion, my words might tremble like the thin reeds of novelty in the tempest of enthusiasms.”
Activities: Volunteer Work, Donations, Charity, Showing Love to Another, Adopting a Rescue Animal.
Rules Over: Righteous Might, Merciful Forbearance, Magistrates and Rulers.
Associations: Mercy, Justice, Loyalty, Charity, Comfort.
Offerings: Steel, Silver, Mercury/Quicksilver, Jade.
Blessing: Increases Protection and Strength of Protection Spells
Commandment: “Stendarr says: Be kind and generous to the people of Tamriel. Protect the weak, heal the sick, and give to the needy.”
Worship Verse: “Come to me, Stendarr, for without you, I might be deaf to the manswarm murmurings of thy people, and forgetting their need for comfort and wisdom, I might indulge myself in vain scribbling.”
Activities: Volunteer Work, Donations, Charity, Activism when the Government is Unjust.
Rules Over: Warriors, Heroes, Man and War.
Associations: Mankind, Battle, Law, Government, Honor, Might, Courage.
Offerings: Steel, Cinnabar (Dragon’s Blood), Septarian ( Dragon Stone).
Blessing: Increases Power of Spells
Commandment: “Talos says: Be strong for war. Be bold against enemies and evil, and defend the people of Tamriel.”
Activities: Standing up for what is right, Helping your fellow human.
Rules Over: Work, Commerce, Traders, and Merchants.
Associations: Wealth, Labor, Commerce, Communication,
Offerings: Steel, Gold, Pyrite, Copper, Bronze, Emerald, Aventurine.
Virtue: Hard Work
Blessing: Brings Wealth and Good Luck
Commandment: “Zenithar says: Work hard, and you will be rewarded. Spend wisely, and you will be comfortable. Never steal, or you will be punished.”
Worship Verse: “Come to me, Zenithar, for without you, like a child, I might fiddle and fret when only through struggle and labor may I craft a work worthy of your name and the name of my patron.”
Activities: Learn a New Craft, Open an Online Store, Start a Savings Jar.
Now, I know that several really well know bloggers have done posts on Spoonie Witchcraft, but I wanted to do my own just to kind of interject my own personal experiences and my ideas/spells and such.
The Spoon Theory//
Who is a Spoonie?
A Spoonie is someone whose illness interferes with their ability to function on a day to day level. Those of us with chronic illnesses, mental or physical, that sometimes, oftentimes do not have the energy to perform magical spells or rituals. An example of people who may identify as Spoonies are those with neurodivergencies (Ex. Autism, Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, DID, BPD, etc) and those with chronic physical illnesses (Ex. Autism, Fibromyalga, Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, Cancer, Chronic Fatique Syndrome, Chrohns, etc).
Critical: One to no spoons. No energy to do anything. Can barely get out of bed.
Low: Two or three spoons. Can do basic daily tasks such as showering and getting dressed but anything else is a desperate struggle. This is where I live most of the time.
Average: Four spoons. Doing fine, energy levels are tolerable. Can accomplish daily tasks with less difficulty.
Lots of spooons!: Spoon levels at maximum! Completing big tasks such as work, doctors visits, phone calls, paying bills and such comes easily. I can’t even remember the last time I had max spoons lmao.
Spoon Levels and Magic//
Critical Spoons: No magic today. Use what little spoons you have to eat food and drink water.
- Daydream. Dreaming in general has a lot of power and needs little to no input on your part.
- Drink herbal tea or water to cleanse yourself.
Low: Little things, such as maybe drawing a sigil or speaking a phrase to cast a spell. (words have power, after all)
- Draw sigils that have already been created. The act of drawing them itself is how it can be activated.
- Write something in Tengwar to cast a spell.
- Speak aloud a spell using Dovahzuhl.
- Use crystals to charge and cleanse areas, objects and yourself as they have their own energy.
- Read Magic Books
Average: Can practice basic energy work and complete more complex spells such as storm summonings or enchantments.
- Learn or Practice Rune Casting
- Learn or Practice Tarot Reading
- Explore Hedgecraft: The Art of Astral Work
- Explore Intrinsic Magic: The Art of Energy Manipulation
- Explore Divination: The Art of Fortune-Telling
- Learn about how Magic and Neurodivergencies can coexist.
- Try out some of these ideas to combine Stimming and Magic!
Lots!: Big rituals can be completed, and its probably a good idea to stockpile and get a lot done while you have the energy. Create a bunch of sigils and enchant a bunch of items that can easily be used with an activation word or trigger for when you are low on spoons.
- Create Sigils
- Write Spells
- Explore New Sects of the Craft
- Educate Yourself on Cultural Appropriation
- Use Your Craft to Make a Change: Resistance Witchcraft!
- Disney inspired spells
- Horror movie curses
- Lord of the Rings spells
- Magical Girl spells
So it has occurred to me that I don’t think enough people know about OneTreePlanted. Why aren’t other witches gushing about this charity? Probably just because they don’t know how awesome it is.
So, here we go, my pitch for OTP.
- “One Tree Planted is a non-profit 501©3 (established in 2014 in Vermont) on a mission to reforest our planet and provide education, awareness and engagement on the importance of trees. We make it simple for individuals, businesses and schools to plant trees. One dollar. One tree”
- They explain why trees are so vital to our continuing existence. Without trees, we all die. The animals die, the soil dies, other plants die, humans die. The earth dies. We need trees. And right now, trees need us. They are being wiped from the face of the planet, and its up to us to save them.
- You can pick where your tree is planted. Colorado, Canada, Kenya, Haiti, Indonesia, and the Amazon are the choices of location. One tree costs one dollar. They even explain why they picked the places they picked, and the effects that deforestation have had in that area over the years, and the work they are doing to combat it.
- They also have tons of facts about trees. Like, for example, 80% of the world’s forests have been destroyed, and every two seconds man destroys an area of forest the size of a football field.
- There’s also a Global Forest Watch map which illustrates deforestation and tree loss and gain in real time.
- So, like, even if you can’t afford to donate, you can use their resources to spread the word, educate and encourage friends to get involved in reforestation efforts! This is our planet that is dying. Why does this concern you? Because you live here too!
This would be an especially useful resource for any witches who work with earth, or who involve land spirits in their practice at all. Want to make an offering to an earth deity? Donating to OTP is a safe and affordable way to do it.
You have witchy friends with birthdays or want to get a meaningful gift for them for a holiday? You can buy a tree as a gift and, again, *its one single dollar* How cool is that?
With all the horrible things happening involving gag orders on the EPA and the silencing of climate change advocates, if you want to take action to help save the planet, but don’t have a lot of means or energy to do so, this is the charity for you.
This post will be ongoing and I will be adding more stuff as I make them!
- Anduril: Consecrating/Cleansing/Charging a knife, sword or ‘athame’
- The Eagles: Bird Magic, Angel Magic, Air Magic, Familiar Work
- The Hymn of Elbereth: Goddess Worship, Snow Magic, Star Magic, Moon Magic
- The Evenstar: Hope, Love, Devotion, Loyalty
- Aniron: Wish Magic, Desires, Love, Hope
- Breath of Life: Astral Travel, Spirit Work, Letting Go, Acceptance.
- The Lay of Luthien: Love, Devotion, Fidelity, Romance.
- The Grace of Undomiel: Star Magic, Emotional Magic, Divination
Sindarin Phrases/Sindarin Tengwar Calligraphy:
- Estelio Han, Estelio Veleth (Trust This, Trust Love): Love, Hope, Emotional Magic
- I Aear Lan Ven Na Mar (The Sea Calls Us Home): Sea Magic, Water Magic
- I Lir En El Luitha Uren (The Song of the Star Enchants my Heart): Space Magic, Star Magic
So, I first read/watched The Lord of the Rings when I was around ten years old. I have been in love with the story ever since. Many of these spells inspired by the movies/books are to be sung. Ill include video links so you can listen along! They are categorized by [Spell Name] (Purpose-Format).
- Not All Who Wander (Hope/Peace-Spoken Word)
- A spoken word poem spell to help you find a sense of hope and peace. Recite aloud to yourself while imagining each word creating a beautiful wisp of clouds as it leaves your lips.
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
- You Shall Not Pass! (Protection-Ward)
- To quickly summon a very strong shield of energy around you to protect you from negative energy or spirits.
- Take a deep breath. Visualize yourself surrounded by a bright blue and white light.
- Feel energy flow up through your spine, down you arms, to your palms.
- Create an energy ball. Slowly expand it until it completely surrounds you, creating what you visualized earlier. Feel it. It is strong, solid, unbreakable.
- Say the phrase, “You shall not pass.” to complete the ward and seal it into place.
- The Light of Earendil (Hope-Vial/Jar)
- A spell vial to bring you light and hope when everything seems hopeless.
- Ingredients: Small vial/jar, blue and silver glitter, blue glitter glue, full moon water.
- “I give you the light of Earendil, our most beloved star.
- May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
- I am No Man! (Confidence-Enchantment)
- To enchant a hair tie or clip to give you a boost of confidence when you remove it.
- Take your favorite hair accessory and hold it in your palm.
- Focus on a time when you felt the most powerful. When you felt really confident in yourself.
- Channel a burst of energy from your heart down to your hands and into the tie.
- Houses of Healing (Love-Song)
- To be used as a love spell to instill or bring forward underlying feelings of longing in a person.
- “With a sigh, you turn away
With a deepening heart
No words to say
You will find
That the world has changed
The trees are now turning
From green to gold
The sun is now fading
I wish I could
Hold you closer.”
- All Shall Fade (Curse-Song)
- Use this as a curse to make your subject’s self esteem wither away.
- “Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade”
- Not All Tears are an Evil (Emotional Balance-Vial/Jar)
- Use this to help bring emotional balance and harmony, and to help us realize crying is healthy.
- Ingredients: Vial/Jar, Tears, New Moon Water, Sea Salt, Rose Quartz gemstone bead, White Glitter.
- “I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”
- What to Do with the Time that is Given to You (Ambition/Perseverance-Writing)
- This is a spell to help you persevere through a hard time and find hope for the future.
- Ingredients: Paper, Pen.
- Think about the thing that has been affecting you lately. Cry about it if you need to. You don’t have to be okay with it, accept it or even move on from it. Just think about it.
- Now, on your paper, write five things you want to do in the future. It can be anything from eating ice cream to traveling to a place you have always wanted to travel to.
- As you write, focus on those things. If you don’t get out of bed tomorrow, you won’t get to do those things. Let your emotions be channeled from the pen to the paper. Let it flow, let it out. You can write more than five things, if you want. Or, if you can’t think of five, just write one or two.
- Say aloud, “I wish none of this had happened….So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.”
- Seal your paper up in an envelope. On the front of it, write today’s date and what the date will be a year from now. Open it a year from now and see if you completed anything on your list. If you did, then you have made a good use of your time!
- Hear My Voice! (Summon-Spoken Word)
- I really love Sindarin (Elvish), and I think it is great for chants and spells.
- The purpose of this one is to summon a familiar, entity, or element.
- The phrase is “Lasto beth nin (Law-stow-beh-th-neen)” and it literally means ‘listen to my voice’ or ‘hear my voice’.
- So for a spell, you could say, “Come to me the powers of water, lasto beth nin!” Or you could even translate your entire command into Sindarin and use that. So, for example, if I wanted to summon Water, I could say “Tolo nin, rimmo, Lasto beth nin!” Which means “Come waters, flow like a current, hear my voice!”
- Using Sindarin (Elvish) for Spells (Spoken Words)
- You can use this website to read dialogue from the movies, which extract individual words and give detailed translations. You can use them to build your own spells!