Some spirits may choose or agree to perform a specific job or role in your astral territory or as your companion. Some spirits prefer not to have a specific role, and that’s okay too. Below are my personal categories of spirit roles.
- Familiar: helps with magic and witchcraft, spends a lot of time in both physical and astral.
- Healer: helps with healing their companion as well as other spirits.
- Teacher: helps mentor their companion as well as other spirits.
- Gatekeeper: patrols the boundaries of their companions astral territory, helps with protection magic, recharges wards and monitors the borders to make sure no entities or energies with malicious intent get by.
- Guardian: watches over their companion and guides them down a certain path
- Muse: helps out with creative endeavors, inspires and motivates their companion.
- Mate: forms a romantic bond with their companion, is especially close with them, protects and comforts them.
Please note that many spirits may already have chosen a role for themselves, and it is vital that spirits consent to the role they play in your life. It is especially important in regards to being a Mate that the decision must be consensual and occur naturally (just like forming a romantic relationship in the physical plane with another human).