Vi’s 30 Day Astral Challenge
(Above art was painted by me, please don’t remove caption)
Please note that the following is based on my personal journey with the astral and that not everyone finds their way into Elsewhere this way.
•possibly a plant
When completed you will know how to:
•recreate objects from our plane
•construct an astral home
•create an Anchor that can jump between both this realm and Elsewhere, keep you tethered to reality and help you in your adventures.
•create a thoughtform to act as Gatekeeper of your astral home
1. Sit quietly and inhale for a count five, exhale for a count of five. Practice deep intentional breathing for one minute.
2. Find an ordinary common object like a pencil or rock and study it for 10 seconds. Memorize every detail. Now close your eyes and recreate it in your minds eye/imagination for ten seconds. Open your eyes and look at the object from a different angle for ten seconds. Do this for about two minutes total.
3. Begin keeping a journal of any dreams you may have as well as reflection on daily exercises
4. Either look out a window or go for a walk outside. Pick a natural specimen such as a tree, leaf, cloud, etc and do exercise number 2.
5. Practice intentional deep breathing for five minutes while creating in your minds eye a copy of your favorite food.
6. Doodle/sketch your ‘happy place’ or a location where you feel most at home or at peace with yourself
7. Find a small item with sentimental value to you, such as a ring, crystal, etc and place it in your pillowcase.
8. Hold your sentimental item, which from now on I will call an Anchor, in the palm of your hand and do the recreation exercise. Before bed focus on the copy of your Anchor in your minds eye.
9. Draw your Anchor in your dream journal and make a list of things you would like it to do for you. IE, protection, help you summon a weapon, transform into something useful, wake you up if you are having a nightmare, etc.
10. Name your Anchor. Do intentional breathing with it in the palm of your hand for five minutes.
11. Imagine your ideal happy place in your minds eye. Picture yourself walking through it, being there. What does the air smell like? Is the climate cold or warm? What does the landscape look like? What kind of ecosystem is it? What kind of colors can you see? You reach out and touch your surroundings, what do you feel? Document everything in your journal.
12. Doodle/sketch your dream home/homestead and then recreate it in your minds eye.
13. Build your ideal place in your minds eye, imagine yourself there. Walk around the edges of it, and envision an array of protective and colorful energy flowing out behind you from your footsteps. The energy ebbs and begins to create a flexible and complex barrier that will keep out negative energies and entities. This is your ward, and it will protect your astral home.
14. Bring your Anchor to your astral home and ask it to perform a task.
15. Create a sigil to help you in your astral adventures.
16. Google and read about crystals/gemstones that can help raise psychic awareness, aid in astral travel and that are related to dreams.
17. Pick a favorite of the crystals you read about on day 15 and doodle/draw it in your journal.
18. Google and read about plants that can help with psychic abilities, dreaming and astral travel.
19. Pick a favorite plant and doodle/draw it in your journal.
20. Either obtain a physical specimen of your chosen crystal, or find a good photograph of it and recreate it in your minds eye. Bring it to your astral home.
21. Either obtain a physical specimen of your chosen plant or find a good photograph of it and recreate it in your minds eye. Bring it to your astral home and plant it by your front door.
22. Make a playlist of music that helps you easily enter into deep breathing and be able to access your astral home.
23. Draw/doodle your favorite animal or magical creature.
24. Write a profile for your above doodle. Give it a name, personality, what are its favorite foods and colors, hobbies, likes, dislikes, etc. I’ll call this creature your Gatekeeper from now on.
25. Recreate your Gatekeeper in your minds eye. Imagine them at your astral home, taking their first breath, seeing you and interacting with you. Introduce yourself, share some of your energy with them. Sit down and meditate/practice intentional breathing with them. What are they like? Do they have any behaviors or mannerisms you find notable?
26. Return to your astral home and meet your Gatekeeper again. Ask them politely if they would like to help you in acting as the guardian and protector of your astral home.
27. Go for a walk and see your Gatekeeper walking beside you in your minds eye. Spend time with them.
28. Return to your astral home and check on your plant. Has it grown any?
29. Return to your astral home and walk the boundaries of your territory with your Gatekeeper, repeating Day 12’s exercise to strengthen your wards and teach your Gatekeeper how to do so as well.
30. Remember that Elsewhere is a world of its own with its own inhabitants. Be respectful and polite when venturing outside of your astral territory. Don’t go wandering into someone else’s space without asking permission. Do your own research about the astral plane (there are lots of good resources here on tumblr).
This recipe is for a basic dream pillow that helps encourage astral travel.
- A square of purple or indigo fabric OR a colorful drawstring bag
- A piece of blue or purple embroidery floss OR a piece of jute
- Silver Glitter OR Gold Glitter
(Any three of this herbs)
- Pinch of Lavender
- Pinch of Chamomile
- Pinch of St. Johns Wort
- Pinch of Vervain
- Pinch of Passionflower
- Pinch of Valerian Root
- Pinch of Mugwort
(Any three of these crystals)
- Nebula Stone
(Any two of these objects)
- Small solar charged mirror
- Charm or Pendant that has been warded
- Befriended fossil or bone
- Found feather
- A small item of personal significance
- If using the square of cloth, place all items in the center of the square. Fold the corners of the cloth up and tie the thread or jute around the top of the bundle. So that it looks like this when you are finished –>
- If using the drawstring bag, place all items inside the bag. Tie it off with your thread.
- Place the bag or bundle in your pillowcase.