Another quiz for beginners to help you determine what starter herbs to use for certain purposes. Like the crystal quiz, I will only be listing five of what I consider to be the easier to find and use herbs. You should be able to find all of these in the spice section of your local grocery store. If you’re looking for affordable, I really like the brand Badia, and there’s this other brand I get at the local asian market but I can’t remember the name for the life of me but they’re like 69 cents a bag.
- Which physical ailments are you trying to alleviate?
- Draw Out the Toxins
- Improve Circulation and Metabolism
- Strengthen Immune System
- How would you prefer to prepare the herb?
- Potpourri, Aromatherapy
- Tea or an Infusion
- Herbal Bath
- As a spice on my food
- Herbal Capsule or Pill
- What metaphysical properties would you prefer the herb to have?
Mostly #1: Lavender
Mostly #2: Chamomile
Mostly #3: Rosemary
Mostly #4: Cayenne Pepper
Mostly #5: Garlic
So, my little craft quiz went over so well that I thought I would make two more! For witchlings, this one, which is designed to help you figure out a beginner level crystal to work with for different purposes. All crystals listed are pretty easy to find and easy to work with!
- Which element are you most comfortable with?
- What purposes would you like the crystal to serve or help you with?
- Love and Self-Love
- Purification and Cleansing
- Good Luck and Prosperity
- Healing and Peace
- Amplify, Protect and Cleanse Your Aura
- Which color do you prefer?
- Pastel Pink
Mostly #1: Rose Quartz
Mostly #2: Citrine
Mostly #3: Tiger’s Eye
Mostly #4: Amethyst
Mostly #5: Quartz Crystal
I decided that I wanted to do a little personality-based assessment to help witchlings determine what sect of the craft they should start out in, or to help seasoned practitioners confirm or expand their own practices. This will in no way be all inclusive of all the sects of craft, but just the basic starter points. This is just a five question quiz that should help better determine where you should start!
- Where do you feel most at home? Which of these places makes you feel the most comfortable, at peace and powerful?
- In a forest, surrounded by plants and trees and animals.
- On the beach or at the lake, surrounded by water and fish.
- In the desert, surrounded by sand and the dry heat.
- In my mind, where I can create my own landscapes and am in complete control.
- In my kitchen or my house, where I can relax & not worry about outside forces.
- On a frozen lake or a mountaintop, somewhere with a lot of snow and cold.
- In a cemetery, where I can be alone and also be surrounded by souls.
- In a swamp, surrounded by the sounds of frogs singing.
- Anywhere warm, where I can soak up the sun.
- At a planetarium, where I can see the universe and marvel at its beauty.
- In a bustling metropolis, surrounded by people and new technologies.
- Somewhere that storms are common, bring on the thunda!
- Which color do you most prefer?
- Gosh, I can’t decide. I like a lot of different colors!
- In school, what was your favorite subject?
- Marine Biology
- Home Ec
- Anything Outside/Recess
- Lunch or anything where I get to talk to my friends and use my phone!
- Meteorology/Weather Studies
- Which of these is important to you?
- Saving the environment!
- Protecting the ocean.
- Survival of the fittest
- Meditation and Spirituality
- Taking care of my family and friends
- Stopping global warming and saving the polar ice caps.
- Paying respects to the dead and learning from history’s mistakes
- Following in my ancestor’s footsteps and keeping traditions alive
- Eliminating light pollution. It’s destroying our night sky!
- Being social and having lots of friends
- What the weather is going to be like tomorrow. Come onnnn rain!
- How would you describe your personality?
- Self Aware
Now, its important to remember that you can practice as many sects as you want! Nothing should limit you!
For more information:
Violet’s Witchy Tips Masterpost