So, I first read/watched The Lord of the Rings when I was around ten years old. I have been in love with the story ever since. Many of these spells inspired by the movies/books are to be sung. Ill include video links so you can listen along! They are categorized by [Spell Name] (Purpose-Format).
- Not All Who Wander (Hope/Peace-Spoken Word)
- A spoken word poem spell to help you find a sense of hope and peace. Recite aloud to yourself while imagining each word creating a beautiful wisp of clouds as it leaves your lips.
“All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”
- You Shall Not Pass! (Protection-Ward)
- To quickly summon a very strong shield of energy around you to protect you from negative energy or spirits.
- Take a deep breath. Visualize yourself surrounded by a bright blue and white light.
- Feel energy flow up through your spine, down you arms, to your palms.
- Create an energy ball. Slowly expand it until it completely surrounds you, creating what you visualized earlier. Feel it. It is strong, solid, unbreakable.
- Say the phrase, “You shall not pass.” to complete the ward and seal it into place.
- The Light of Earendil (Hope-Vial/Jar)
- A spell vial to bring you light and hope when everything seems hopeless.
- Ingredients: Small vial/jar, blue and silver glitter, blue glitter glue, full moon water.
- “I give you the light of Earendil, our most beloved star.
- May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
- I am No Man! (Confidence-Enchantment)
- To enchant a hair tie or clip to give you a boost of confidence when you remove it.
- Take your favorite hair accessory and hold it in your palm.
- Focus on a time when you felt the most powerful. When you felt really confident in yourself.
- Channel a burst of energy from your heart down to your hands and into the tie.
- Houses of Healing (Love-Song)
- To be used as a love spell to instill or bring forward underlying feelings of longing in a person.
- “With a sigh, you turn away
With a deepening heart
No words to say
You will find
That the world has changed
The trees are now turning
From green to gold
The sun is now fading
I wish I could
Hold you closer.”
- All Shall Fade (Curse-Song)
- Use this as a curse to make your subject’s self esteem wither away.
- “Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade”
- Not All Tears are an Evil (Emotional Balance-Vial/Jar)
- Use this to help bring emotional balance and harmony, and to help us realize crying is healthy.
- Ingredients: Vial/Jar, Tears, New Moon Water, Sea Salt, Rose Quartz gemstone bead, White Glitter.
- “I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”
- What to Do with the Time that is Given to You (Ambition/Perseverance-Writing)
- This is a spell to help you persevere through a hard time and find hope for the future.
- Ingredients: Paper, Pen.
- Think about the thing that has been affecting you lately. Cry about it if you need to. You don’t have to be okay with it, accept it or even move on from it. Just think about it.
- Now, on your paper, write five things you want to do in the future. It can be anything from eating ice cream to traveling to a place you have always wanted to travel to.
- As you write, focus on those things. If you don’t get out of bed tomorrow, you won’t get to do those things. Let your emotions be channeled from the pen to the paper. Let it flow, let it out. You can write more than five things, if you want. Or, if you can’t think of five, just write one or two.
- Say aloud, “I wish none of this had happened….So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.”
- Seal your paper up in an envelope. On the front of it, write today’s date and what the date will be a year from now. Open it a year from now and see if you completed anything on your list. If you did, then you have made a good use of your time!
- Hear My Voice! (Summon-Spoken Word)
- I really love Sindarin (Elvish), and I think it is great for chants and spells.
- The purpose of this one is to summon a familiar, entity, or element.
- The phrase is “Lasto beth nin (Law-stow-beh-th-neen)” and it literally means ‘listen to my voice’ or ‘hear my voice’.
- So for a spell, you could say, “Come to me the powers of water, lasto beth nin!” Or you could even translate your entire command into Sindarin and use that. So, for example, if I wanted to summon Water, I could say “Tolo nin, rimmo, Lasto beth nin!” Which means “Come waters, flow like a current, hear my voice!”
- Using Sindarin (Elvish) for Spells (Spoken Words)
- You can use this website to read dialogue from the movies, which extract individual words and give detailed translations. You can use them to build your own spells!