This is an ongoing post and I will add videos as I make them! 🙂
Before we get into the video resources for sensory crafts, I wanted to share some of my stimmy tips!
I am a Neurodivergent witch (depression-anxiety-ptsd-dissociation), and my main stims are sensory toys, chewing my nails (I’m currently trying to switch from this to using chewelry because my intestinal lining has been damaged by the decade and a half of nail chewing), picking at my nails, rocking, bouncing my leg violently, tapping my feet, pulling/messing with my hair and pacing.
So these are just my personal tips on how to combine magic with stimming!
- Enchant your stims. To do this, just give each stim an individual task. For example, when I rock back and forth I associate that with astral traveling. When I bounce my leg, I am grounding and shaking off excess energy. When I pace, I am raising energy. The potential for this is pretty much limitless, and all you have to do is tell yourself, “When I ____, it will ____.”
- Use astral travel to help you cope with dissociation or anxiety. Building mindscapes, astral projecting and astral meditations have been helping me to cope with my dissociation for nearly twenty years.
- Use energy work to help with anxiety and depression. Even just sitting there and breathing deeply and feeling energy flow through you can help. I like to make energy balls and then send them off with different ‘jobs’ to do (this is how I cast spells). I find that doing this and using deep breathing techniques really calms me down, helps me feel in control and helps me to feel like I have a purpose.
- Use shadow work to help you confront and heal from traumas or PTSD. This one may be something you do very rarely (I usually average about one Shadow a year…at the most) because it can be VERY exhausting, but I really do always feel good afterwards and it has helped me to heal from quite a few emotional traumas.
- Cultivate an emotionally and mentally rewarding witchy hobby. It could be anything from drawing sigils, growing and caring for a potted plant, collecting crystals to learning to make slime or sensory toys. Find something you enjoy that is not a very demanding task, something that can relax you and something that makes you happy.
- Make small goals for yourself and reward yourself when you meet it. It can be anything. Get out of bed or take a shower or go get groceries. This isn’t necessarily a magic-related tip, but it really helps my depression.
Okay! On with the main part of the post! The hyperlinks will take you to my DIY/Stimming videos on youtube so you can make it yourself, or you can check out my etsy shop here to check out my current selection available for purchase!
- Play Dough: Grounding, Creativity.
- Squishy: Inspiration, Joy.
- Slime: Happiness, Positive Energy.
- Fluffy Slime: Adaptability, Optimism.
- Clear Slime: Divination, Clarity.
- Floam: Balance, Good Luck.
- Sensory/Glitter Jar: Astral Travel, Meditation.
- Stress Ball: Absorbs Negativity, Peace.
For Green Witches:
- Gemstone Slime: Crystal Energy,Raising Energy, Amplifies Energy.
- Woodland Slime: Plant Energy, Fae Work, Peace.
- Nymph Sensory Jar: Earth Energy, Nymph Work, Meditation.
- Molten Lava Slime: Fire Energy, Suncraft, Patience.
For Sea Witches:
- Kinetic Sand: Ocean Energy, Carrying a Beach’s Energy with You, Happiness.
- Lake Jar: Carrying a Body of Water’s Energy with You, Hope, Serenity.
- Green Sea Glitter Jar: Sea Energy, Conservation, Protection of the Environment.
- Fishbowl Slime: Marine Animal Energy, Mermaid Work, Divination.
- Orbeez Slime: Water Energy, Grounding Excess Energy, Absorbs Negativity.
For Space Witches:
- Galaxy Slime: Happiness, Wonder, Love.
- Night Sky Floam: Astrology, Divination, Peace.
- Supernova Sensory Jar: Astral Travel, Meditation, Spreading Positive Energy.
- Black Hole Slime: Purification, Absorbs Negative Energy, Promotes New Beginnings.
- Star Confetti Slime: Hope, Positive Change, Shining Light on Situations.
For Winter Witches:
- Fluffy Snow Floam: Snow Energy, Peace, Clarity.
- Avalanche Slime: Cleansing, Hope, New Beginnings.
- Iceberg Slime: Ice Energy, Breaking Through Obstacles, Divination.
For Storm Witches:
- Thunderclap Slime: Thunderstorm Energy, Grounding Excess Energy.
- Storm Calling Sensory Jar: Summoning Storms, Meditation, Raising Energy.
- Tornado Slime: Wind Energy, Protection from Storms, Channeling Energy.
For Kitchen Witches:
- Starburst Slime: Positive Energy, Hope, Peace.
- Gummy Bear Slime: Comfort, Emotional Support, Happiness.
- Butter Slime: Patience, Love, Abundance.
- Birthday Cake Floam: Joy, Childlike Wonder, Peace.
- Soft Serve Slime: Absorbs Negativity, Relieves Stress, Contentedness.