Stormcraft is the magical practice of harnessing the power of wind, storms and weather to be used in your own personal craft. Storm Witches are witches who have devoted themselves to the art of weather work and storm manipulation.
//Tools of the Trade//
- Fallen or Broken Branches
- Stones or Crystals
- Storm Water and Rain Water
- Hail and Snow
- Storm Mud
- Can be used as sigils
- Can be used to summon
- Can be used to banish
- Can be used as acronyms when recording or documenting in grimoire
- Can be used on an altar to honor a specific kind of weather
- Can be used in writing spells
- Click here for a list of all the different Weather Symbols!
- Good for Curses and Protection.
- Associated with Chaos, Struggle, Passionate Emotions, Weathering a Storm and Power.
//Whistling the Wind//
- A traditional practice in many aboriginal and indigenous cultures (one particular Native American story comes to mind that says that if you whistle while hunting for a bear’s den it is considered very bad luck, as you will attract the wind and give away your position. Yikes!)
- A low pitch whistle summons a light breeze.
- A high pitch whistle summons a large gust of wind.
//Methods of Storm Casting and Summoning//
- Burning Pansy, Heather and Saffron (Rain-Bringing and Wind-Calling Herbs)
- Stirring water clockwise in either a ceramic bowl or a hold in the ground and whistling.
- Sending a large burst of energy into a cumulus cloud.
//Storm Summoning Spells//
- Binary Code Storm Summon:
1000011 1101111 1101101 1100101 1010100 1101000 1110101 1101110 1100100 1100101 1110010
1000011 1101111 1101101 1100101 1001100 1101001 1100111 1101000 1110100 1101110 1101001 1101110 1100111
1000011 1101111 1101101 1100101 1010011 1110100 1101111 1110010 1101101
- Morse Code Storm Summon:
-.-. — — . / – …. ..- -. -.. . .-. –..– / -.-. — — . / .-.. .. –. …. – -. .. -. –. –..– / -.-. — — . / … – — .-. —
- Skyrim’s Dovahzul Storm Summon: Strun Bah Qo
- Makoto’s Supreme Thunder Storm Summon
- One can catch and bind a storm using a bottle or jar charm or a rope or knot spell to put away for later use.
//Preventing a Storm//
- “Blow it away” using whistling and weather maps for visualization.
//Good herbs for Storm Witches//
- Saffron: To Call the Wind
- Heather: To Bring the Rain
- Pansy: To Make Rain
//Good Stones for Storm Witches//
- Pietersite (Tempest Stone)
- Nebula Stone
- Lapis Lazuli
//To Make a Storm’ Witches Bath//
- You can use this as a storm summoning spell, too, by stirring the bath water and whistling.
- Sea Salt
//Nephelomancy: Cloud Colors//
• White: good fortune
• Golden: prosperity and abundance
• Silver: blessings and riches
• Red: warning
• Orange: vibrancy, lively
• Brown: cloudy future, caution
• Green: fruitful, beginnings
• Blue: travel, movement
• Black: self-realization, difficult times ahead
Also called Aeromancy or Nephelomancy, I’ve searched and searched for a good post on cloud scrying and came up with nothing so I did some research and came up with my own! Here goes :3
Types of clouds//
(Highest to lowest altitude)
•Cirrus (wispy ‘mares tails’) Fair
•Cirrostratus (thin sheets)12-24 to precip
•Cirrocumulus (rippled ‘scales’) Fair
•Nimbostratus (thick rain cover) Storms
•Altostratus (‘boring’) steady precip soon
•Altocumulus (vertical streaks) precip
•Stratocumulus (puffy) Dry
•Stratus (hazy) Mist/Fog
•Cumulonimbus (thunderheads) Storms
•Cumulus (puffy) Fair
//The cumulus and stratocumulus are the easiest clouds for scrying because they often form shapes. Here are the basic shapes and their meanings, but remember that scrying is up to the interpretation of the viewer 🙂
•horse- movement, travel
•lion- protection, courage
•bird- rising above obstacles
•dragon- imagination, creativity
•tree- growth, change
•flower- beauty, peace
•Woman- power, guidance, love
- Associating natural disasters with certain kinds of energy.