Sigils have, for a long time, been a staple of witchcraft. They’re inexpensive (all you need is a paper and pencil), easy to make, can be placed anywhere, activated by anything, and charged with any intention or task you can think of. Now, every witch has a slightly different sigil creation process, but a good starting point is as follows.
- Write an affirmative present tense statement describing what you wish for the sigil to embody and accomplish.
- I am comfortable in my own skin. or I am strong.
- Remove or scribble out any reoccurring letters.
- ‘I am comfortable in my own skin’ now becomes ‘cfrtbleywsk’
- Now reduce the remaining letters further down to their basic shapes.
- A b because a single straight line and a half circle, and a k becomes three straight lines, etc.
- Combine these shapes in a way that you feel is aesthetically pleasing and best channels your intention and energy.
- Once the sigil feels right, charge it, place it and give it an activation trigger.
- If I were to draw my sigil on the bottom of a plant pot, the activation trigger I would choose would be that anytime I water the plant, IE water to touch the plant pot, the sigil would be activated.