What is a Hedge Witch?
A Hedge Witch is a witch who focuses on astral work and energy-based magic. Hedge Witchery is a sect of witchcraft that comes from the phrase ‘jumping over the hedge’, meaning to cross over into another world. Hedge witches exist between both worlds, Earth and Elsewhere. Elsewhere is my personal name for the Astral Realm, also called The Void, The Spirit World, and so on. They are adept at astral projection, and many usually have any variety of psychic abilities.
Tools of the Trade//
- A quiet place to focus, or a place they feel most comfortable and at peace
- Herbal teas
- Books on Auras, Energy Healing, Color Therapy, Astral Projection, etc
- Crystals that help with Psychic Abilities
What are some prerequisites to Astral Work?
- First, it is a good idea to learn meditation. Meditation is the easiest way, for me at least, to astral travel. Different people meditate in different ways, the link will take you to my favorite meditation process.
- Then, one must learn how to cleanse and maintain their aura.
- After you’ve got that down, it’s a good idea to identify your aura color. Your personal Energy Field manifests itself in a halo of color around your skin and is called your Aura.
- And then, start increasing your psychic sensitivity and learning the basics of energy magic. Energy Work, or Energy Manipulation, is the ability to control energy. It is the driving force behind any kind of witchcraft.
- Become familiar with your psychic strong points. Some people have natural psychic talents, while others learn theirs. It is possible to develop a psychic skill without being naturally talented at it, you just have to be diligent and practice a lot!
- Precognitive dreaming and lucid dreaming are a good start to astral travel. Here are some ways to induce psychic dreams.
How do I Astral Travel?
- Methods of Astral Travel
- Astral Projection Tips
- How I, Personally, Astral Project
- Benefits of Astral Travel
How can I encourage Astral Travel?
- You can create a Dream Pillow, or Dream Pouch, to place in your pillowcase to help encourage astral travel in your sleep.
- You can make an Astral Herbal Tea to help encourage astral projection.
- You can place certain crystals near or around you while you meditate to help promote astral projection. See below list.
Crystals for Hedge Witches//
- Amethyst: Peace, Purification, Protection, Helps with Depression, Bi Empowerment.
- Ametrine: Balance, Soothing, Purification, Intuition, Non Binary Empowerment.
- Angelite: Peace, Reduces Stress, Astral Travel, Psychic Abilities.
- Apophyllite: Visions, Intuition, Mental Clarity, Self Acceptance.
- Calcite, Clear: Cleanses and Aligns Energy Points, Detoxes Body, New Beginnings, Major Changes.
- Celestite: Protects Aura, Aids Depression, Reduces Stress, Clarity, Psychic Abilities, Purification.
- Citrine: Self Cleansing, Purification, Protection, Abundance, Emotional Balance, Ace Empowerment.
- Hematite: Grounding, Balance, Detoxification, Genderfluid Empowerment.
- Howlite: Calming, Self Awareness, Harmony, Protection when Coming Out, Dispels Nightmares.
- Iolite: Intuition, Self Awareness, Connections, Helps with Dissociation, Attracts Platonic Relationships.
- Jasper, Red: Grounding, Justice, Insight, Calms Emotions, Dream Recollection, Cleans and Stabilizes Aura.
- Jet: Purification, Support, Removes Negativity.
- Kunzite, Pink: Unconditional Love, Cleansing, Self Love, Pan Empowerment.
- Lapis Lazuli: Communication, Storm Calling, Ocean Magic, Intuition, Inner Power, Lesbian Empowerment.
- Lepidolite: Balance, Peace, Awareness, Transition, Transformation, Trans Empowerment.
Commonly Found Creatures in the Elsewhere//
- Spirits of Dinosaurs and other Extinct Creatures
- Spirits of Deceased Animals, wild and domestic
- Occasionally Demons, but personally I’ve never run into them.